If you’re relocating to Spain and thinking about where to look for long term rental properties the choice of areas and properties can be confusing, so we’re going to look at a few popular areas and give you a low down on living there to help you choose. You can also browse our Costa del Sol Area Guides on our website to get you started!
Our first featured area is Fuengirola, a brilliant place to live and visit and very popular with residents from around the world. Here are 5 reasons why renting long term in Fuengirola is a great option –
- Very well located with easy transport links – Fuengirola is in a good position as it’s connected by train with Malaga city and the airport, yet also within easy reach of the rest of the Costa del Sol, with good bus links to the west and just a 20 minute drive from Marbella
- Beautiful beaches – Fuengirola’s wide, sandy beaches stretch for miles and are flanked by a seaside promenade perfect for a stroll
- Great mix of International residents – Fuengirola has the largest mix of nationalities on the whole of the Costa del Sol and they celebrate and promote this cultural diversity. It enriches the area with different languages, cultures and cuisines and you can see these all represented at the wonderful annual feria – Feria de Los Pueblos. As a long term renter in Fuengirola you’ll always find a group of people from your country and there are many clubs and societies for the different nationalities so you can easily make friends.
- Lots to offer within the town – Great shopping on the high street and in the modern shopping mall, lots of restaurants with international and Spanish food, good international and Spanish schools and plenty to do, with regular festivals and activities for kids such as a the zoo and cinema.
- Affordable accommodation and a good mix of long term rental options – The town is sometimes criticised as there are lots of buildings and apartment blocks, but they also have modern developments, villas and town houses and because there is lots of housing stock your money goes further in Fuengirola than other parts of the Costa del Sol.
Please enquire if you’re looking for long term rentals in Fuengirola and we can recommend the best properties for you.